Welcome!

Welcome!

Thursday, September 17, 2015

Diigo


Have ya'll heard of diigo?  I hadn't, but I'm glad I know now!  First of all it is a great research tool.  It allows you to highlight and annotate sections of text while you are reading.  It also allows you to save articles as bookmarks and tag websites or articles for future reference.  Second, you are able to share your bookmarks with other users.  Finally, diigo is able to recommend articles and websites based on what you bookmark. This really seems to move the web forward.  It's like the 2.0!  It's a place to find new knowledge and information and share that with a community.  Now not only are you just reading and thinking about an article online by yourself, but you can share your ideas and thoughts with others who have common interests.  It allows you to bookmark websites and share them with friends who have similar interests instead of just storing websites on whatever machine you are working on (this is my favorite aspect!).  I can't tell you how many times I lost all my bookmarks because they are just saved to the machine I'm currently working on.  I look forward to seeing what other people share and creating a collection of research and resources to use!

Here's the link to my diigo library so far!

I'm currently using Google Chrome, but I don't have any browser add ons, so I was a little nervous about installing this.  However, I found that it was pretty simple to add-on the diigo extension to my Google Chrome browser.  As soon as I installed the add-on I was able to start bookmarking and annotating whatever I was reading.


No comments:

Post a Comment