Welcome!

Welcome!

Sunday, November 1, 2015

Prezi

I've heard of Prezi before, and have dabbled a little here and there, but this is the first presentation I have created all on my own!

Here it is!  Habitat Prezi




All in all it was pretty easy, especially if you choose a template that is already made for you.  I typically use PowerPoint to create presentations, so I probably could have done this a lot faster with PowerPoint simply because I'm more familiar with it.  I liked how easy it was to insert youtube videos into Prezi, and I have to admit that Prezi has a certain stylistic component that PowerPoint just doesn't have.  I think it is easier to add more slides and pictures in a PowerPoint presentation, also powerpoint has the option of adding timing to the transitions (to be fair I don't know if Prezi does or doesn't I didn't play with that aspect). Prezi recently added a collaboration piece of technology, which is similar to Google Slides.

In terms of the SAMR model I think Prezi is simply a substitution technology.  It takes to place of other presentation models like Powerpoint or Google Slides and doesn't provide any functional change in what they can offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment