Welcome!

Welcome!

Monday, November 30, 2015

Pecha Kucha

Do you all know what Pecha Kucha is?  I had never heard of it before!   It is a very strict format of no more or less than 20 slides which stays on the screen for 20 seconds or less! That's not a lot of time!  Some other key components to a Pecha Kucha is having a lot of high quality graphics and not a lot of text.  I could see how this format would be very beneficial especially for online classes.

I began by making myself a script.  I knew 20 seconds wasn't very long, and I needed to plan what I would say carefully.


Next I created my powerpoint presentation with graphics and text.  
Finally with my script in hand I used Screencast O Matic to capture my presentation.



Here is my presentation!




As far as the SMAR model I would place this in the augmentation category.  PowerPoint, Keynote, and Google Slides are all software programs that have existed for years.  Pecha Kucha is simply a model of creating presentations to increase engagement.  By cutting down on text, increasing graphics, and limiting the time presenters are forced to get to the heart of their content and make it as engaging as possible.


No comments:

Post a Comment