Welcome!

Welcome!

Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Top Web Tools

In December 2014 the Edublog published a list of the best of the web in education.  I found the list of top free web tools to be very interesting.  I had heard of many including:
This is one of my all time favorite apps!  I'm not going to lie, I may be slightly addicted to Pinterest.  I use this app for all aspects of my life, but I mostly use it for planning lessons for my classroom.  It is so easy to hop on Pinterest and search whatever topic I am planning for new and creative ideas.  

My school district recently made the jump to all things Google.  While I am still learning all the components and possibilities available to me, I have to say what I know is simply amazing.  I can't wait to discover what else I can do in Google!


Symbaloo has recently replaced my portaportal website.  It allows you to collect all your favorite websites and apps in one place for students to use and explore.  It is a great organizational tool for your classroom!

I am familiar with Dropbox, however I do not use it for classroom purposes.  I mostly use it for sharing pictures and videos with friends and family.


Do any of you use these tools in your classroom?  How do you use them?

I had heard of a few other tools from the list like Padlet and Class Dojo, but I don't currently use them in my classroom.  I'm hoping to learn more about these tools throughout the course of this semester.
 



Do any of you have any advice or thoughts on how to use these apps in your classroom?



I hope you all enjoy your long weekend and are able to relax!
~Jess





No comments:

Post a Comment