Welcome!

Welcome!

Saturday, December 5, 2015

Infographic

They say a picture is worth a thousand words, thus infographics are gaining popularity quickly.  An infographic visually represents any combination of data and text someone wishes to convey.  The topics for infographics are endless.  

Here are some examples:



I love the idea of having students create an infographic that summarizes a research article.  It is a great way to alternatively assess if students understand what they read about.  So here is the infographic I created to summarize this article.




This was probably the most challenging assignment of the semester for me mostly because I needed to figure out what tools to use.  I began in pinterest by searching for examples of infographics, which lead to some research on how to create an infographic.  Ironically I found an infographic about how to make an infographic!


After doing a lot of research and creating some charts to use. I decided to use the google drawing application to compose my infographic.  Using this tool made it very easy after that.  I was also excited to figure out how to embed my image in this post!

I believe that infographics fall in the redefinition stage of the SAMR model.  While the technology used to create infographics is not in the redefinition stage infographics themselves are.  Creating infographics allows us to capture a great deal of statistics, facts, and graphics in one quick image.  People today are more likely to read an infographic than an entire research article, thus creating an infographic instead of writing an article is redefining these tasks. 

2 comments:

  1. This blog aware me about different programs which can become very useful for our friends and kids. Few websites provide combined courses and few of the are separately for single subject. Glad to get this information.ออกแบบสื่อสิ่งพิมพ์

    ReplyDelete